Some security updates for you.
First some recommendations and a request for you to let us know if you’d like them implemented.
- Office 365 credentials are your user’s skeleton key and should therefore be treated as such.
- Usernames (UPN) should be kept secret. It’s preferable these are not the same as your email address.
- Passwords should be complex and secure.
- Laptops and mobile devices containing data should be encrypted
- User’s need to be “cyber aware” and trained.
- Cloud backup is recommended.
Secondly, some changes we’ll be making to our client’s Office365 tenancies
- Disabling POP and IMAP mailbox access. It’s insecure and outdated. If you’re using this method of mailbox access an alternative needs to be implemented.
- Audit logs will be enabled on Office 365 – let us know if you would like any reports or alerts settings up
If you have any requests, questions or concerns please do get in touch.